Pokémon Go Incense Day event coming on April 19
Pokémon Go developer Niantic has made numerous efforts to make the mobile game playable while trainers are self-isolating during the coronavirus pandemic. In addition to Remote Raid Passes and cheap bundles of PokéBalls, Niantic will soon hold a play-at-home event, powered by the game’s Incense item.
On Sunday, April 19, Pokémon Go will hold its inaugural Incense Day. Players will be able to purchase a three-pack of Incense for one PokéCoin from the in-game store. From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time, Sentret will spawn, drawn to players’ Incense, which will last for an hour — double the standard length. (Hopefully, you still have some cheap Incense left over from the previous discounted bundle.)
Additionally, the following Pokémon will spawn during that six-hour window on Incense Day:
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Water-type Pokémon like Poliwag, Tentacool, and Spheal, with a rare chance of Clamperl appearing
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.: Fire-type Pokémon like Growlithe, Ponyta, and Houndour, with a rare chance of Litwick appearing
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Grass-type Pokémon like Oddish, Roselia, and Lileep, with a rare chance of Ferroseed appearing
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon like Slowpoke, Baltoy, and Bronzor, with a rare chance of Gothita appearing
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Bug-type Pokémon like Caterpie, Ledyba, and Skorupi, with a rare chance of Joltik appearing
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Ground-type Pokémon like Wooper, Barboach, and Hippopotas with a rare chance of Drilbur appearing
Pokémon Go Plus
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.